Thursday, August 17, 2006

Other books currently:

Abandoned-

Enchantress from the Stars by Sylvia Engdahl. After beginning this one I realized I have read it before. I liked it and it is a classic I could re-read. Summer is short however and I have so many new books I haven't gotten to yet.... And I need to spend more time playing with my kids. But you should read it!


Tears of A Tiger by Sharon M. Draper. This book is a Coretta Scott King Award winner. I hated it. I think it is poorly written. It is trite and predictable. It reads like the kind of book a health teacher would write to teach students about the dangers of drinking and driving. It's like a commercial you would be forced to watch on late night TV if you were out of sleeping pills. Gag me.


Naptime reading-

Daggerspell by Katharine Kerr. This is the romantic type of fantasy I used to devour. I am not enjoying it as much as I used to, probably because I am so engrossed in reading blogs. I might get hooked in though, and then I will have to spend the rest of the month reading all the other books in the series. If I don't write any more reviews here for a while, that's where I'll be, with my nose in Kerr.

No comments: