Thursday, August 03, 2006

Butterfly poetry

The Caterpillar
by Christina Rossetti

Brown and furry
Caterpillar in a hurry,
Take your walk
To the shady leaf, or stalk,
Or whatnot,
Which may be the chosen spot.
No toad spy you,
Hovering bird of prey pass by you;
Spin and die,
To live again a butterfly.

This album is powered by

It being August (already!) I can actually feel the days getting shorter. I start to remember all the plans and goals I had for the long summer days, and realize they are slipping away. I have a lot of sewing projects to work on, and knitting, and garden work... I am not reading as much. I confess I need a break from the young adult books. Too many 12 year olds in a row perhaps. So for the next few weeks I may be blogging a little less, and a little more tangentially. Not so many books to review this week, although I just finished a good one I want to write about soon.

No comments: