Sunday, July 09, 2006

Omiyage

We have a birthday party to go to this afternoon. My friend K.'s son is one year old. So the perfect gift for a one year old? These adorable soft fabric balls I made from a pattern adapted from my favorite craft book Omiyage by Kumiko Sudo.

The best part? They are made from what I already have in my fabric and yarn stash, and take only about a half an hour each. I've made them for my sons before, and after the first one I made for the baby Buster wanted one too. They bounce and they are safe for playing in the house!

3 comments:

Repressed Librarian said...

Those are great. I'm a bit envious of your sewing skills!

Susan said...

I like these a lot as well.

My church is exploding with births lately and these could make very nice gifts - don't you think?

When I go to the library later this week, I'll be checking to see if they have this book.

Thanks for the picture and idea.

cloudscome said...

Yes Susan I think they would be perfect! There are a few other baby gifts in the book too. You should really look for itt. I have made so many gifts from these patterns! Enjoy!