Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Swear to Howdy by Wendelin Van Draanen

This is a real ‘boy’ book in the category with Huck Finn. A steady stream of fifth graders have been coming into the library asking for this book, so as my last Bus Room Book of the year I had to pick it up to read. The older boys in my bus room all said it was really funny and recommended it. The first chapter had me busting out loud with laughter, so one of the fourth graders immediately started reading it too.

Yesterday in bus room when I picked it up to continue he said:
“I knew you would be in that book today, pulling out more laughs; like a bird plucking worms!”

2 comments:

sheribat said...

Cloudscome, I just wanted to stop by and tell you, that I've started a new site. http://sheribat.wordpress.com/

I felt that to protect some of my family members from hurt feelings and to keep them from feeling that I was blaming them for my own mistakes, it was best that I tell my story on a site that they do not know about.

I will keep the other blog but it will go back to what I originally created it for. My craft creations.

(((hugs)))

robiii bobiii said...

i read swear to howdy and is my fav. book.