Thursday, May 11, 2006

Librarian as resource collector

I was looking online for some science/nature themed movies to show my “Natural Expeditions” nature club of Kindergarten and First graders tomorrow if it rains and we can’t go walking in the woods. I have been downloading some nice short movies on bugs and birds and woodland plants, but I need a few more just to have all my bases covered. I got distracted, as usual, and found several other equally interesting links.

Plowshares: Great short fiction, book reviews, and poetry by eloquent voices, both old and new.

Africans in America on PBS

Garrison Keillor’s The Writer’s Almanac

I swear, I am working here. This is my job. Really.


Emmie said...

What a wonderful and challenging job that must be. I don't have any allergy answers, but I have celiac too! Both my twins just tested negative, and we are beyond grateful.

cloudscome said...

Wow Emmie I keep meeting folks who are Celiac or know someone who is... It is getting easier to manage because of the growing tribe LOL!

I am enjoying your blog, just found yesterday. Your kids are so cute! I am curious about the hemp diapers...

Emmie said...

We have a great food coop here that has lots of gluten free items, and in the short 2.5 years since my diagnosis, there has been a huge increase in gluten-free options. I just got a catalog that has gluten free playdough! Your kids are very cute also - loved the trike pitcures. Long legs on that boy!