Friday, May 26, 2006

It's getting ridiculous...

How often my boys are sick. It's gotten to the point that I lie to people when they ask me how the boys are. It's embarrassing and boring to keep saying this one or that one has a fever...

Last week Buddy Boy came home from daycare on Wednesday with a fever of 103.3 so we stayed home for four days. He is on amoxicillian now for an ear infection.

Last night Punkin came home with a fever of 102. This morning it was 105. Sweet Jesus! 105 degrees Fahrenheit.

I actually called my mom and asked her to come and pick him up and she is going to take him to the Dr. today because I thought I should go to work. I have been out 9 days already this school year. My other two librarian coworkers aren't in today so if I called in sick at the last minute the media center would be without staff. Am I crazy for going to work when my baby is sick?

Who better to take care of him than my mom? She just called and she has an appointment at 11 this morning. The fever is down and he is eating Cheerios.

I swear I have been in to the Dr.s office at least twice a month since last August. They know my voice when I call. It is not big things... Usually it is an ear infection or virus or strep throat. Buddy picks them up in daycare or Punkin gets them in the church nursery. So when folks ask me how the boys are sometimes I lie and say they are fine. Is that pitiful or what?

3 comments:

Erin said...

I completely empathize with you. I swear we are in our dr's office at least once if not twice a month. I walk in and the front desk gal knows who we are and already has our info pulled up.

Hope the kids are on the mend for good (well, at least this summer!)

cloudscome said...

Thanks Erin. He was really sick last weekend, with high fever. 105.4 at the highest… I got scared Friday night and took him to the ER. The fever came down and they said it was a virus or ear infection (he was already on Amoxicillin) so they sent us home again. He started getting better on Sat., but still was running 104 fevers until Monday. What a boy! He was smiling and happy and healthy on Tuesday, thank the Lord!

Overwhelmed! said...

He is soooo cute! Sorry your kids are sick often. Thankfully, Snuggle Bug has been fairly healthy moreoften than not.