Saturday, April 29, 2006

Cloud's cloud

Susan posted a link to word clouds at Zoom Clouds and I loved the idea so I went there and made one. Zoom Clouds takes key words from my posts based on frequency and makes them hot links. I am not completely satisfied with how it looks on my page, so I am still tweaking it, but I am so excited with the possibilities! The fonts get bigger the more frequently I have used the term, and if you click on one of them in the cloud you can go to the most recent article containing that term. It updates automatically, so my most frequent key words will always be right there. Cool! Thank you Crunchy Susan for your help!

3 comments:

Repressed Librarian said...

Thanks to you, I made my own word cloud. You can check it out on my blog, but you have to scroll to get to it (it's in the right column, pretty far down). Thanks for the good idea :-)

marlene said...

That is pretty cool that it updates. I saw this once before for a different site, but it was static.

Deb said...

Very cool. I made one too! Thanks. (I don't think mine's updating, though--I'll have to work on it.)