Rather than doing 100 things about me, I decided to try listing a book for every year of my life. It might tell just about all you want to know about me! LOL So here's my meme:
List a book for each year of your life. It has to be one you read that was significant for you. When I mentioned one book I probably read as many others by the same author as I could find.
I was going to tag people to pass this on, but I hate the thought of all those groans echoing around cyberspace if I give you homework, so it’s extra credit. Take the challenge if it grabs you!
1. Dr Spock’s Baby and Child Care – my mother is a fanatic
2. The Westminster Shorter Catechism for Children – dad’s a pastor, OK?
3. Peter Rabbit – Beatrix Potter
4. Winnie the Pooh –A. A. Milne
5. One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish - Dr. Seuss
6. The Bible
7. The Wizard of Oz – Frank L. Baum
8. On the Banks of Plum Creek – Laura Ingles Wilder
9. The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe – C. S. Lewis
10. The Hobbit – J. R. R. Tolkien
11. Sing Down the Moon – Scott O’Dell
12. Dandelion Wine – Ray Bradbury
13. Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret – Judy Blume
14. My Side of The Mountain – Jean Craighead George
15. Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee – Dee Brown
16. A Wizard of Earthsea – Ursula K. Le Guin
17. Stranger in A Strange Land – Robert Heinlein
18. Pilgrim at Tinker Creek – Annie Dillard
19. Atlas Shrugged - Ayn Rand
20. Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance - Robert M. Persig
21. The Norton Anthology of English Liturature
22. The Narrow Road to the Deep North – Basho
23. The Chinese; Portrait of a People – John Fraser
24. The Mill on the Floss – George Elliot
25. Celebration of Discipline – Richard Foster
26. Teacher – Silvia Ashton Warner
27. Your Baby and Child – Penelope Leach
28. Death at an Early Age – Jonathan Kozol
29. The Color Purple – Alice Walker
30. The Clan of the Cave Bear – Jean M. Auel
31. The Courage to Heal – Ellen Bass and Laura Davis
32. The Book of Common Prayer
33. The Joy Luck Club – Amy Tan
34. The Tao of Tai-Chi Chuan – Jou, Tsung Hwa
35. Macs for Dummies – David Pogue
36. The Essential Rumi – translations by Coleman Barks
37. Driven to Distraction – Edward M. Hallowell, M.D, and John J. Ratey, M.D.
38. You Mean Mean I’m Not Lazy, Stupid or Crazy?! Kate Kelly and Peggy Ramundo
39. Teaching Children to Care – Ruth Sidney Charney
40. The Poisonwood Bible - Barbara Kingsolver
41. omiyage – Kumiko Sudo
42. Lifting the White Veil – Jeff Hitchcock
43. Transracial Adoption – Gail Steinberg & Beth Hall
44. Debt Free Living – Mary Hunt
45. I’m Chocolate, You’re Vanilla – Marguerite A. Wright
46. What’s Going on in There? How the Brain and Mind Develop in the First Five Years of Life – Lise Eliot, Ph.D.
47. The Wonder Weeks - Hetty Vanderijt, Ph.D., & Frans Plooij, Ph.D.
Edited to add: I have to admit I came back and changed a few. It is so hard to pick only one per year!!